Thank you for visiting my online portfolio. Below, you’ll find a handful of the best videos I’ve made and articles I’ve written since my days at the college paper. If you like this stuff or have any questions, please let me know in the comments. —Tim
Attack of the Dad | When a longtime blogger quits a newspaper to become a stay-at-home dad, daddy blog ensues. Here are a few of my favorite posts.
• Super Bowl 50 and the death of Dadvertising
• Men vs. the stay-at-home question
• The hoodie equality gap
• Parenting: The inverse ninja law
• Doritos Locos Taco: baby’s first food
azcentral.com | My online producer role at the Arizona Republic didn’t involve much writing, but I had opportunities to shoot some photos and write features as well as videogame reviews.
• 8-Bit Vintners hits pause on video-game wine
• Reviews: ‘Arkham City,’ ‘Beatles: Rock Band,’
MLive.com | While working as a news and entertainment producer at Michigan Live, I wrote a videogame blog that dominated the site’s entertainment pageviews. My Hummer piece made the front page of Digg, and national gaming outlets picked up my Wii wedding story.
• Hummer denies Halo influence on HX concept
• Wii tops Amazon Wedding’s Most Registered For list
• Metroid Prime 3 Corruption review
• McDonald’s Videogame: What the kids are playing
The State Press | In five semesters as an editor and columnist for Arizona State University’s daily student newspaper, I wrote a lot of silly stuff. Here are a few that hold up.
• ASU 101: Evil Ohio State flag invades ASU armory
• Homestar Runner hands out advice and brings laughs
• McDonald’s ‘Monopoly’ game trades on high-stakes carbs
• The magical flying tortilla needs our help